NTRA employment opportunities are posted on this page. For additional information, contact the NTRA Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Social Media Specialist (National Handicapping Championship)
SUMMARY: This one-month (January 2016) contract position is for an experienced social media specialist with extensive knowledge of Thoroughbred racing. The successful candidate will support the planning and execution of social media strategies surrounding one of the NTRA’s biggest events, the National Handicapping Championship (NHC) (Jan. 28-30, 2016), with the goals of disseminating breaking news and standings updates in a timely fashion while promoting the event through creative means.
- CONTINUOUS – conceive and execute creative content in conjunction with NTRA staff; measurably increase performance of NTRA social media channels
- ADVANCE – disseminate all event-related news
- EVENT – (Las Vegas) disseminate breaking news and standings updates; capture and share candid and behind-the-scenes images; assist in execution of online media and celebrity “Charity Challenge”
- Required prior experience as a social media influencer
- Required prior experience in Thoroughbred racing, with demonstrable knowledge of handicapping, key participants, terminology and storylines
- Must be available to travel to Las Vegas, Jan. 26-31, 2016
- On-location work days in Las Vegas will be full and require long hours
- Airfare and lodging paid for by NTRA
- Most meals provided
- Negotiable fee commensurate with experience
- E-mail cover letter, resume, writing samples (minimum two) and links to examples of prior social media campaigns to chamilton@NTRA.com.