NTRA employment opportunities are posted on this page. For additional information, contact the NTRA Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT - Systems Specialist
This position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures perform efficiently for the varying business needs of in-house/remote staff and partners.
In addition, this individual will assist departments with duties such as, but not limited to: mobile device and desktop maintenance; MS Office Suite support; MFP/printer management; asset tracking; project management for efforts to expand revenue-generating Web platform; HTML newsletter design; proprietary database/CRM application support; in-house Exchange server and spam filtering support; web-based bulk email system maintenance and support; assistance to website users in times of peak activity; setup and orientation of new users; system backups; pricing and procurement of new hardware/software.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows, ESX and VMWare systems that support corporate infrastructure; Exchange 2007, MS Dynamics (Solomon), Barracuda/MS FOPE spam filters, Sophos AV, FTP server and proprietary database/CRM application. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continued innovation.
Administrative Engineering and Provisioning
1. Engineering of Administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
4. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
5. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
6. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
7. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
8. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
9. Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
10. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
11. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
12. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
13. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
14. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
1. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience
2. Systems Administration/Systems Engineer certification in Microsoft, Cisco and/or VMWare.
3. SQL, Visual Basic.net, Crystal Reports and HTML.
1. Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
2. Provide user guidance, most of which is technical.
1. Responsibilities sometimes require responding to user or network emergencies during evenings and weekends.
2. Two consecutive weeks of travel are required in January to support remote events. Additional travel may be required.