Chris Littlemore of Whitby, Ontario, Canada maintained his position following Day 2 on Saturday and leads the standings with a mythical bankroll of $326.30 following the Semifinals of the three-day 19th NTRA National Horseplayers Championship (NHC) Presented by Racetrack Television Network, STATS Race Lens™ and Treasure Island Las Vegas. The top 10 now advance to this afternoon’s Final Table to determine the ultimate placings, including an $800,000 grand prize and an Eclipse Award as 2018 Horseplayer of the Year.
Bankrolls from the first two days and the Semifinals roll over to the Final Table, where massive cash prizes from $800,000 for first down to $50,000 for 10th will be determined on seven mandatory races with estimated post times from 1:30-4:46 p.m. PT.
The Final Table players, in order of current placing, with hometown (current bankroll):
- Chris Littlemore, Whitby, Ontario, Canada ($326.30)
- Keith Fenton, Fort Worth, Texas ($292.70)
- Garett Skiba, Hinsdale, Ill. ($286.60)
- Stephanie Schmidt ($270.50)
- Scott Carson, New York City ($270.50)
- Tom Noone, Redondo Beach, Calif. ($262.60)
- David Watts, Vancouver, Wash. ($260.70)
- John Roe, Brookfield, Ill. ($260.10)
- Gloria Kahlden, St. Petersburg, Fla. ($258.70)
- Daniel Hart, Batesville, Ark. ($256.10)
Results are unofficial pending an audit already underway.
The NHC opened Thursday with 702 entries earned at racetracks, casino race books, off-track betting facilities and horse racing and handicapping websites around the country, each of which sent its top qualifiers to the national finals.
Players who did not advance to the Semifinals after the first two days of the three-day #NHC2018 competed in a separate $50,000 Consolation Tournament on Sunday with reset mythical bankrolls. The 2016 NHC winner Paul Matties Jr. of Ballston Spa, N.Y., won that contest, earning $10,000.
Full standings can be viewed online at NTRA.com, where the homepage features the searchable LUXAIR Jets Leaderboard of all 702 entries.